Monday, June 15, 2009

Why can't I sing louder?

There is music and then there is great music. If you stopped by my Facebook interests section you would notice that my favorite bands are: 1) The Fray 2) Coldplay & 3) Fall Out Boy. These are the bands I can listen to over and over again. There is something about their music that captivates me. (The Fray: Look After You…You Tube)

Now unfortunately when you are with other people and you are listening to your favorite songs it generally does not work out if you sing at the top of your lungs. When you choose to sing loudly, strange looks or demands to stop are often directed at you. (Obviously this might not apply to people who can sing, but I can not.) So I propose the question why can’t I sing louder?


There is something special that happens when you sing along with the songs you appreciate the most. It gives you an experience that is incomparable to anything else in the world. I believe this is way famous musicians are able to get individuals to pay 50 to 100 dollars for tickets to their concerts. It is their music and the experience of singing their songs that is incredibly desirable to us. For this reason I say thank you to the musicians who give us a reason to sing.

So go ahead, sing out loud! Make a fool of yourself, don’t worry about who is around. Enjoy the music that lights up your world. God gave us ears, a voice, and the ability to create music. Lets all take advantage of that as best as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment